Dona

Brad Bruce wrote in message news:DQamd.4444$%M4.3491@trndny08...
Dona wrote:
I removed a light fixture (flourescent) and am replacing with
incandescent light. The instructions in the box seem very simple.
Only thing is...the bare (or green) ground supply wire they refer to
does not exist.

From my ceiling (supply wire) I have a black and white - that's it.

From my fixture, I have a black, white, and bare wire (screwed to the
base of the entire contraption.

So, what am I suppose to do? Thank you, in advance to anyone who
answers me.

Metal or plastic box?

The ground wire may be screwed to the box if it is metal. If plastic?????

Brad

Box? Not sure what you mean. Let's see...I am looking at the ceiling
now, there's a plastic round piece that looks like a cm in depth and
it is attached to a 2x4 (I assume). Out from this plastic round piece
are two wires - black and white. Two screws hold the plastic round
thing to the 2x4. Hope that helps.