John Harlow

The Sanity Inspector wrote:
Something's the matter with my telephone wiring in my old
house. The original hard-wired rotary phone works, and two of my six
modern phone jacks work. But the others periodically lose their dial
tone. I have a full basement, and can trace the wires, but don't see
any loose wires. When I examine the jack, they look fine, too. The
problem is probably simple, but unfortunately so am I!
My question is, who do I call for inside telephone wiring
problems? The phone company, or a general electrician, or who? TIA,
email welcome, watch the spam trap.

The phone company is best equipped to handle this (it's their business).