Joe Fabeitz

Oh ****. You gone and got old w_tom all wound up. Now we'll all pay the
price.

"w_tom" wrote in message
We are discussing human life. That means everything needs,
at minimum, double redundancy. Where are the layers of
protection? Again, this is obvious and a basic fact of life.
Flip one circuit breaker and numerous failures could occur
from damage to the generator, house fire, and even
electrocuting a lineman with 4000 or 13000 volts.

If that need for redundancy is not extremely obvious, well,
I sure hope you don't do any designing. I sure hope that is
not you sitting at a stop sign just waiting to floor it. This
too are why we require redundancy. Again obvious. Why a
driver always looks twice - if not more - before pulling out.

Robert Barr wrote:
The switchover hardware includes basic redundancy that all
such systems must contain. Too many foolishly think that
tripping the mains circuit breaker is sufficient. Again,
obviously not.

Hmm. Not so obvious to me. What more would have to be done other than
killing the main breaker to disconnect the house from the grid?