Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

(HA HA Budys Here) writes:
Perhaps you live in Cuba or some other last bastion of Marxism, but
here in the USA, there is no law against trying to get the best price
possible and there are no "rules" saying that only a certain
privileged group of citizens get prices.

That freedom goes both ways, as in the freedom of the supply house owner to
give discounts to whoever he chooses.

You don't seem to adore freedom as much when it isn't to your benefit.

Of course freedom goes both ways -- if you only spent half as much
time reading and thinking as you do venting, you would know that I
have stated many times that no one is *required* to give
discounts. Rather, I will choose my suppliers based on who gives me
the best combination of service, selection, and price. The market will
then do all the rest...

Hope it makes you smile, that after asking for it, I started getting
the contractor discount at my local electrical and plumbing supply
store so long as I pay cash rather than credit card.

That's not a contractor's discount, that's tax fraud.

I didn't realize that MC and VISA outlawed cash -- considering that I
got a computer receipt and paid sales tax, it would be pretty stupid
of them to not pass the tax on to the government. The reason they
wanted cash is to avoid the 2-3% MC and VISA "tax" on transactions.

BTW, I don't
remember the other contractors in line minding too much either.

Contractors might engage in the practice known as "deeds not words." The supply
house might not be aware for a couple of weeks that a couple of the contractors
who had to "wait on line" behind a retail or non-contractor customer who was
demanding a cash discount or the contractor's price, have taken their business
to a different supply house where the owner recognizes that time, especially
contractors time, is money.

Why do you assume that contractors are faster than I am? If anything,
since I am aware that I am a "guest" in this world, I try extra hard
to be efficient. In fact, it is usually the contractors who are there
asking to look at different things, shooting the sh*t, and holding up
the line!

Now take your sour grapes and go sulk in the corner!

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder about others sharing in
some of the pricing and selection benefits that contractors typically
get? Is your precious contractor discount your only source of
self-esteem on this planet?