meirman

Default lawn mower stalls unless I tip it!

A lawnmower I have stalls every minute or 3 unless I am going up-hill
or I push the handle down and lift the front of the mower up. It does
this whether the tank is full or almost empty, afaict.

It's a push mower. It uses a Briggs & Stratton engine, about 2 or 2
1/2 HP, with the spark-plug on the front, and the small gas tank on
the right front (the side away from me on the right when I am holding
the handlebar.) It has a rubber bulb button that I press 3 times, or
4 or 5) before trying to start the engine. The engine starts easily.

Tipping the mower up to the left will also keep it running. Because
my end-of-group townhouse lawn is very small, I can still finish, but
is there a solution for this?

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.