Wade

You all have me on both counts. I do have more dust in the house than I
should and my wife does burn candles from time to time, so I guess it's time
to do some major cleaning. Thanks, I was more focused on the bulbs
themselves and not the quality of air in the house.

Wade

"Wade" wrote in message
link.net...
I have several lights throughout my house which have burn/black spots above
the bulbs on the ceiling. The bulbs range from 6 inches in the bathroom
to 1 foot in the hallways from the ceiling in each candlebra. I reduced
the bulbs from 60 watts to 40 and in some cases down to 25 watts on the
ones which are 6 inches from the ceiling (in the bathroom). This hasn't
helped. The house and light holders are original, about 20 years old and
the spots were not there when I moved in 5 years ago...at least not to the
degree they are now. Have the bulbs changed to burn more hot or am I just
buying low quality bulbs? I can wash the ceiling and block it out &
repaint, but I don't want to do this if is going to happen again. I really
don't want to change the style of lighting at this time. Any
thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

Wade