TURTLE

"Wade" wrote in message
link.net...
I have several lights throughout my house which have burn/black spots above the
bulbs on the ceiling. The bulbs range from 6 inches in the bathroom to 1 foot
in the hallways from the ceiling in each candlebra. I reduced the bulbs from
60 watts to 40 and in some cases down to 25 watts on the ones which are 6
inches from the ceiling (in the bathroom). This hasn't helped. The house and
light holders are original, about 20 years old and the spots were not there
when I moved in 5 years ago...at least not to the degree they are now. Have
the bulbs changed to burn more hot or am I just buying low quality bulbs? I
can wash the ceiling and block it out & repaint, but I don't want to do this if
is going to happen again. I really don't want to change the style of lighting
at this time. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

Wade

This is Turtle.

Well get you some no heat Lite Bulbs by G/E that look like a coil neon lite
which burn 1/2 the electricity and give off very little heat at all. You can get
them at Sam's Wholesale place and come 5 in a pack. This way you find out if
heat is doing it.

TURTLE