Edwin Pawlowski

"Wade" wrote in message
link.net...
I have several lights throughout my house which have burn/black spots

above
the bulbs on the ceiling. The bulbs range from 6 inches in the bathroom

1 foot in the hallways from the ceiling in each candlebra. I reduced the
bulbs from 60 watts to 40 and in some cases down to 25 watts on the ones
which are 6 inches from the ceiling (in the bathroom). This hasn't

helped.

Smokers in the house? Burn a lot of candles? Wood burning stove? You have
residue from them being deposited on the ceiling. The only way to eliminate
it is to clean the air (filtration) or eliminate the source. I see people
burning candles thinking they remove odors. They deposit a lot of soot from
the paraffin onto the walls.