Roy Mottola

You do not know what you are talking about -- READ your code book
From: "Roy Mottola"

Bob is correct, although there is a limit to the number of outlets you can
install on a 15 amp branch circuit and it is 10 figured at 1.5 amps per
outlet as per NEC,

This is incorrect. The NEC does not limit the number of convenience
receptacles
on a circuit. What the NEC requires is there be a minimum of 3 watts per
sq.
ft.

The 1.5 amps per, or 180 watts per, is a calculation used in commercial
spaces
only, not residential.

Outlets do not use any power.

however if your not tripping any breakers there's
probably no need to split circuits. If you intend to install
airconditioners
on some, then by all means split um up
"TrueWest" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,
My main panel is rated 100 amps with 6 15A breakers, 2 20A, 1 30A, 1
50A. I've mapped it all out and found that some of the 15As have over
1500 watts on them (assuming 1.5 amps for each outlet)

The 50A used to power an electric stove, which has been removed. Any
reason I can't remove the 50A breaker and install 3 15As and
distribute the loads better? There's plenty of room in the box.