Chris Malone

Default Exhaust fan / light wiring question

Hi

I purchased a Mistral 6300-0 exhaust fan/light to replace an older
version of the same unit in the bathroom. I'm not sure on the wiring
and was stupid enough not to note the existing setup, which worked
with the exact same make and model fan!!

The fan has four connections marked L, N, F, E (light, neutral, fan,
earth). The neutral is shared by both the light and fan.

A single switch was used to switch both the fan and light at the same
time.

The house wires comprise 3-core flex with an active, neutral and earth
and a separate 2-core active and neutral. The separate active/neutral
is closed (ie shorted) when the switch is in the on position otherwise
an open circuit. I think the 3-core active, neutral, earth has power
at all times (I think).

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Product brochure, if required, can be found at
http://alfred.clipsal.com/scripts/ap...ochure&ID=2121

Cheers
Chris Malone