Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

osspam (Joe Bobst) writes:
Any tricks for getting "contractor" discount on supplies?

Sure. Go see your lawyer. Set up an LLC or S corporation. Fill out the
state/federal tax forms. File the appropriate credit apps with your suppliers.
You are now a legit contractor. Pay all your bills before the 10th prox. and
take that discount, too.
Now go play by the rules. HTH

I'm sorry, I don't remember receiving the rule book in the mail

Perhaps you live in Cuba or some other last bastion of Marxism, but
here in the USA, there is no law against trying to get the best price
possible and there are no "rules" saying that only a certain
privileged group of citizens get prices.

Hope it makes you smile, that after asking for it, I started getting
the contractor discount at my local electrical and plumbing supply
store so long as I pay cash rather than credit card. BTW, I don't
remember the other contractors in line minding too much either.

Now take your sour grapes and go sulk in the corner!