William Deans

Greetings,

Instead you might look at a pump which circulates hot water between the
faucet and the existing tank so that there is always hot water instantly
when you turn on the tap. Just be sure to insulate your how water pipes.

Hope this helps,
William

"RJ" wrote in message

I live in a mobile home, where the water heater
is about 40' from the kitchen faucet.

I've been looking at small ( 1.5 gal ) water heaters.
They're about the size of a large picnic jug.
Sit under the sink, and plug into any 120v outlet.
You plumb it in series with your hot water faucet.

It probably handles most of the kitchen faucet needs.

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 12:28:06 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Have been looking at homes lately, and find that many are using
tankless water heaters for supplying the hot water faucets in the home.

Know nothing about how these works, or their pros and cons.

I can figure out how the electric models work, I think, but how
do the gas and oil ones operate ?

I had a very old house once that had a tankless water heater on the

regular
home furnace. I'm not sure if the heat from the furnace, or some of the
water
used for the forced hot water heating system was on the primary side of

this
heat exchanger.
Just out of curiosity which was most likely ?

a. Any explanations on how my old one probably functioned, and how the

new
ones do now would be most appreciated.

b. are they generally considered to be cheaper to operate than the stand
alone tank types (I live in the Northeast) ?

c. are they very popular these days ?

d. pros and cons ?

Much thanks,
Bob