Liz

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

Toby wrote:
Liz wrote:
This may be a bit of a pipe dream but not far from where I live there
is a run down old house in the middle of the field.

Go to the Land Registry website, http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk
and if you can locate the property with an address, pay £2 for a copy
of the ownership details. If it doesn't have an address, they have to
take a manual approach and you'll need a 'search of the index map'
instead. You'll have to fill out the application form for this.

Toby.

Oh brilliant, 2 excellent bits of advice already, thank you. I don't think
there is an address, but I can give map coordinates so that shouldn't be a
problem. In fact, I don't want to knock the thing down, and start afresh,
I'd want it to look much as it does now, but with windows and a decent roof
and to convert the barn into extra space. Very similar to the one I live in
now.

Am straight off to the newsagents, the mags I've seen go into doing up i.e
prettifying, rather than working out costings for access road, basic
services. And getting a mortgage for paying for it. Am obviously looking in
the wrong place. Thanks to you both.

Liz

---