William Deans

Greetings

For an "easy" and "quick" fix just spray a can of expanding foam into the
holes. Use the rest of the can to seal any other air leaks you may have.
This is not the "best" fix. The foam will always look like foam (even if you
paint it). Foam is not as durable as mortar. On the other hand it will take
you less than five minutes, doesn't involve heavy bags of mortar, mixing,
dust, etc. Plus the expanding foam is just a "way cool" product to use.
You will be sure to impress the kids.

Hope this helps,

William

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message
There are several round "holes" in our stone masonry foundation
presumably from old pipes that have been subsequently removed. The
holes are about 2 inches in diameter and extend through the foundation
just below the level of the sill.

I would like to fill in these holes but was wondering what is
best/easiest?

Do I mix my own concrete? (if so, what type?)
Is there a good patching premix?
Any other suggestions?