IMM

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:57:49 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

We are well overdue. The French revolution was a 180 degree change and

that
has worked exceptionally well.

Absolutely! I do tend to the idea that really massive change only
comes about after a revolution or defeat (France and Germany
respectively). But what we are doing in Britain is continually
changing things because we don't know how, or haven't the will, to
make what we already have work properly. The latest crazy idea from
the chief crazies in Whitehall and Westminster is to scrap A-levels
and GCSEs and replace them with "diplomas". Any problems with A-levels
are therefore deemed unfixable, despite the fact that we have had the
A-level system in the UK for years, and the only way to fix them is,
apparently, to scrap them.

The French baccalaureate is superior. We should go that way, and what I see
is that the new proposal is not far off.