Michael Chare

Default Patio Door - option?

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
My house is all double glazed except a pair of french doors which have
toughened glass. The doors are wooden and I have just found some rot. All
the doors and window frames in the house are dark stained wood.

I need to think about replacing the french doors but the opening is only 50
inches wide so the normal sliding doors are not an option. As the opening is
fairly narrow I also want to maximise the daylight so I want fairly slender
frames.

Some options

a)
Get the Magnet, Jewson and Boulton and Paul//John Carr/Jeld-Wen catalogues and
see if there is a standard product that will fit in the gap that you have.

b) Ask local glass merchants if they can supply aluminium frames. If so give
them dimensions and ask for quote to supply or supply and fix.

Also, go to www.odpm.gov.uk and download the Building Regulations part L1

Michael Chare