SteveB

Default Roofing Repair Problem

A patio cover was added to our house years back. It has leaked between
where the old eave was attatched to the new patio.

The other day, we peeled back a couple of rows of tiles and shingles, and
put in the fiberglass sheeting and the white goop you get at home depot. I
figured it would be like all glue and dry within a couple of days. If was
up there for four days. It did not dry, and did not stick to a previous
layer of white fabric and topcoat that was already on there.

Did I get the wrong one? The guy at Home Depot told me that was what I
needed to use. It did not stick at all, and now I have to do the job over
again. Anyone use that white stuff? This was the stuff that is thick like
oatmeal, and you put it on with a putty knife. Not the thinner stuff you
put on with a roller. I am amazed that it did not stick to the previous
layer.

Any thoughts?

Steve