Albert

I can't quite figure out what you are going to do, but it sounds like
you may be asking for trouble. Is there any kind of attic or area between
the living area and the roof deck? You really want that ventilated.

BTW snow that does not melt off the roof is good snow. It provides
additional insulation and it means there will not be Ice dams because the
snow is staying snow. The problems happen when the upper part of the roof
gets warm and the lower edge does not.

Thanks Joseph,

Yes, I understand the ideal situation is for the snow to sit there for
as long as possible and that it's important for more than one reason.

NO-there is no attic and nothing to ventilate. Check the other replies
where I goave additional clarification and let me know if you need
further explanation.

Art