PaPaPeng

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:17:59 -0500, Albert wrote:

I've recently discovered the benefits of sprayed in foam, just in time
(I hope) to use it when we finish renovations in our home in rural
Maine. I'm having trouble with the roofing issue however and local
roofers here don't know the answer as few of them do metal roofs at
all (standing seam) and even fewer have experience with sprayed in
foam.

Sprayed foam. Two caveats.

1. Since it is a chemical formulation it may outgas and cause
respiratory problems. The chemicals may also affect your health if
you have chemical sensitivities.

2. Foam effectively seals the structure it covers. Your studs, wood
sheathing, etc. cannot breath and therefore cannot stabilize its
moisture content with the ambient atmospheric conditions. New
lumberyard wood retains some dampness. If that moisture cannot be
vented because the sprayed foam seals it then wood rot occurs.