Art

I've never liked the idea of using a wall cavity for the return. Seems to
me it is full of construction dust and is likely to leak to the attic.

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Art" wrote:

You have a return vent in every room? Pretty amazing. Around here you
are
lucky if you get 2 per floor.

In my quotes for a new furnace system, I'm having the return duct work
changed, so that there is a hot and cold (lo and hi) return ducts.

Since my existing work uses the wall cavity for a return, this is mostly
punching some new holes in the drywall. Hopefully, this will improve the
A/C performance, by allowing the hot air that rises to the ceiling to be
re-circulated.