Owain

Default Patio Door - option?

"John" wrote
| My house is all double glazed except a pair of french doors which
| have toughened glass. The doors are wooden and I have just found
| some rot. All the doors and window frames in the house are dark
| stained wood.
| I need to think about replacing the french doors but the opening
| is only 50 inches wide so the normal sliding doors are not an option.
| As the opening is fairly narrow I also want to maximise the daylight
| so I want fairly slender frames.
| Any ideas anyone?

Sounds like you want wood to coordinate with the rest of the house and offer
thin frames.

Wickes have a selection of unequal-sized French doors which have a 'normal'
width door on one side and a 'narrow' width door on the other, so you can
use the normal door for access and then open the other half when you want
the full space opened.

Owain