kalanamak

Peter H wrote:

I don't have any advice regarding which tools to purchase, but I've got to
say that if your new wife bought into this idea you've got a hell of a catch
there !!

Hey, I was the catch. I came *equipped* with all the home repair
equipment.
As for suggestions, I'd start with a set of screw drivers, allen
wrenches (more and more screws have allen heads, it seems), a hammer, a
hack saw (if you have no yard at all you maybe can skip this), a vise
grip, a power drill with bits, a little jab saw, some sandpaper,
extension cord, a strong flashlight that doesn't break when you drop it,
a slip jaw pliers and a needle nose pliers, a pair of dykes and a wire
stripper/crimper. A stiff metal brush (if only to clean your battery
terminals) some white grease, liquid wrench, a cutter...I'm blanking on
the name...with a razor blade that slides in and out of the
handle....and is much bigger than an exacto knife, some blue masking
tape, duct tape and electrical tape, and the white stuff you wrap on
threads of fluid bearing pipes. Oh, and a plunger. If you have an old
house or are renting anything but top stuff, consider a snake. I can't
tell you how often I've undone my drain, and when I lived in a dorm, all
kinds of males had me come and fix their drains as well. Mommy never
told them pull the hair out periodically and to do something when it was
getting s-l-o-w.
A set of wrenches is more car repair, and bigger things like crowbars
and saws are more for remodeling rather than home repair.
After the above, I'd fill in as the job required.
I advise quality. Cheap tools bust and warp, and as the great John Muir
the III said about having good tools, you can hold and admire them while
your knuckle stops bleeding.
blacksalt
who married a carpenter and has two of everything.