Rich

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I recently got married and would like to spend some of our wedding
gift money on a collection of good quality tools. I'm a novice
handyman and looking for suggestions on the essential tools in a
handyman's garage. Cordless drill, circular saw, router? What are
the must-have tools?

I'd also appreciate recommendations on brand names. I don't think
I'll ever buy another Black and Decker product, having been
disappointed with everything I've bought of theirs in the last few
years. But what brands are the quality but reasonably priced brands,
both in power tools and things like screwdrivers and wrenches?

Thanks for the input.

20 - 22 oz ripping hammer, circular saw, an assortment of combination
wrenches both metric and standard, adjustable wrenches, "Vise Grip" brand
locking pliers, regular pliers, diagonal cutting pliers, adjustable pliers,
pipe wrenches, tubing wrenches, 1/2" hammer drill, an electric impact
wrench, work bench, saw horses padded with carpet, step ladders, extension
ladders, first aid kit, phone in the garage (to call 911 or order pizza and
beer..)

This is only a basic list of things needed.