rck

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
I recently got married and would like to spend some of our wedding
gift money on a collection of good quality tools. I'm a novice
handyman and looking for suggestions on the essential tools in a
handyman's garage. Cordless drill, circular saw, router? What are
the must-have tools?

Many good suggestions here on woodworking tools. If you are a homeowner, you
will soon run into needing tools for electrical and plumbing. For plumbing,
three pipe wrenches, small, med, large, also three adjustable wrenches and a
faucet wrench for tightening the nuts up behind the sink. Two sets of Allen
wrenches, metric and SAE. For electrical a digital cheapie meter from Radio
Shackup, wire strippers, needle nose pliers, assorted screwdrivers. I've had
a good set of Xcelite tools in a roll pouch for 40 years. It's their Service
Master #99M complete with pliers, screwdrivers, nut drivers. Also, check out
Jensen Tools.

Bob