Dave Gallant

Default Question - More Insulation

Greetings:

I have only 6-9" of batt insulation currently in my attic (east coast
of Canada). For a while, I've been waffling over what to put on top in
order to increase the depth. Some friends recommend more batts (laid
perpendicular to what is there), while others recommend loose-fill.

Any recommendations? It's not much more than a crawl space up there,
even though the attic is about 1000sq ft. I could do the batts myself,
but I'd be a little unsure about the loose-fill.

Pros and cons of each? Concerns over covering up wiring?

Thanks,

Dave