Wayne Boatwright

"John" wrote in
:

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Note: This is a new home.

This is a new hood.

This is the responsibility of the builder.

The builder should be replacing the part they damaged. It should
not
be the duty of the buyer to fix it.

Personally I think it was unconsciousable for the builder to tell
the
owner to try some Mickey Mouse fix.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"John" wrote in message
Hello group,
Building a new house and several things had to be redone. The most
important was the vent hood over the cooktop which is a brand new
Dacor. The people who were working on the vent scratched the front
edge of the Dacor. ...

Hello everyone and thanks for the comments..I agree, the builder should
fix it. But at this point we may end up in court over ****ty masonary
work on the outside.(rocks falling off) We have already put a hold on
his 5th and final draw till he fixes it, but as a result of that he has
stopped all work on the house. The fine scratches on my brand new $1500
Dacor cooktop seem small in comparison. Now, if they were deep
scratches I would be bitching for replacement but they are very fine and
I can probably do better than the incompetence that has been working
over there. I agree it is a kitchen but damn..let ME put the first
scratches on things! :-) I might try the barkeepers stuff or even the
fine steel pad. I am glad this has the satin finish and not the high
gloss polished look some stuff has as that would be much more difficult.
Thanks again for everyone taking the time to offer your comments!!!
John

In a used condo I once bought there was an older dishwasher that had a SS
handle that ran the full width of the door. The SS had a high polish
finished that had many fairly fine scratches in it, but not enough to
consider it a "patina". Figuring I had nothing to lose, I used 000 steel
wool with a bit of cooking oil, rubbing back and forth the full length of
the handle. By the time I finished I had a very even satin finish that
looked as though it was original.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.