Astro

Great point. It always comes down to the SYSTEM. Fundamental limits will
be set by the properties of the refrigerant, but consumers only care about
what the system as implemented does.

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 01:44:44 -0600, TURTLE wrote:

"Astro" wrote in message
newspsgyq2jotv1dc2q@athlon2600...
nevermind. I answered my own question.

See:
http://www.solvay-fluor.com/library/...000038,00.html

My memory had failed me. R407 is significantly less efficient than R410
or
R22, like way less efficient. For some reason I had remembered it
backwards.
Now it makes perfect sense why we'd go with a R410 standard.

oops.

This is Turtle.

Everybody thinks that 410-A will just be more effencent by it'self. I
can buy a
15 seer system in R-22 and a 15 seer in 410-A. So which one is going to
be more
effecent?

TURTLE