Jay Chan

Seem like the rain water used to completely bypass the gutter and fall
directly to the ground. Therefore, the rain water kind of distributed
evenly around your house foundation. If there was not that much rain,
the problem was not bad enough to show up in your basement. Now that
the builder adjusted the gutter to catch all the rain water, the
captured rain water is all channel to the downsprout at the corner of
your house. I assume that the downsprout simply dumps all the water
directly at the corner of your house instead of having an extension to
channel the water further away from the house foundation. I assume
your have one downsprout in each corner of your house. Now, the rain
water of 1/4 of your roof is combined together and dumped at the
corner of your house. This amount of water is so large that the water
starts showing up in your basement.

Seem like you need to find a way to channel the rain water from the
downsprout much further away from your house foundation. Some people
has underground piping that channel the rain water from the house
foundation all the way to the curb.

If you don't have this kind of underground piping in place, you can
use downsprout extension pipe to extend the downsprout away from your
house foundation. If this is the case, I am not sure if this is your
builder's responsibility to install this kind of thing. If this is the
case, you may want to ask around in this newsgroup to see how far you
should extend the downsprout, and what is the proper slope that you
want to position the downsprout extension. Just keep in mind that the
water in downsprout extension pipe may freeze in cold region, and you
may have a block of ice formed inside the downsprout extension pipe.
Again, you need to ask around here to see if newsgroup members have
suggestion on solving this issue.

Jay Chan

All the water falling outside means, the water never used to go
through gutters, it used fall from top on to the floor (this water
suppose to go through gutters), since it is dalling on outside floor,
it washedout the clay near the plants and then we reported this to
builder, then they came and adjusted the gutters, so this way the rain
water should drain through gutters, into the pipes close to the ouside
basement wall, one day there is heavy rain, that day we saw lot of
water leaking from the sameplace where gutters are outside, we can it
leaks from top to the bottom of that cornet, even before we have many
times heavy rain, but we never saw water in the basement, but at that
time, water directly falls from top to the yard and it used to washout
all the mud around the plants in the yard. That is what happening,
since my first year is going to be in Dec, so that is why if this is
builder problem, I want to be done with builder before the one year
turns up.