zxcvbob

Dan wrote:

On 4 Nov 2004 09:18:47 -0800, (Childfree Scott)
wrote:

You can use 15A outlets on a 20A circuit, the code only requires that
one of the outlets be on a 20A curcuit to be a 20A outlet. However, I
personally would consider that to me a poor practice and put only 20A
outlets on 20A circuits.

Code only requires a 20 amp outlet if it's the only one on the
circuit. The NEC does not require that one of a group be so.

Dan

A 20A circuit with nothing but a single duplex 15A outlet is just fine.
I'm not sure if that one device was a simplex 15A outlet.

We are talking about exceptional cases, and regulations sometimes get
rather messy at the boundary conditions. I wouldn't worry about it.

Bob