On 18 Nov 2004 00:04:38 -0800, (Paul) wrote:

Thanks Bill. I won't have any problems with access. In fact I now know
that I have a MF (multi fuel) model. It looks like I need to unscrew
the four chrome caps on the top and then the screws beneath to remove
the top, then the side will slide out. After that, did the boiler then
just come out, or is it held with any other fittings, do you recall
please?

My boiler had no other fixings. There was some rockwool style
insulation that had to be removed, but after that it was just a case
of persuading it to come out of the access hole at the right angle.

Aga/Rayburn will sell you a new cast iron boiler for about £300, I
bought a stainless steel replacement from a company in Wales for about
£150. Sorry, can't remember the name, but I found them with google.

Goddard Engineering in Wales?

Yes, that's the one.

Bill