Ed Sirett

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:56:40 +0000, Owain wrote:

"sPoNiX" wrote
| Let me follow that up by saying that I have been told
| conflicting information. One source says extractors
| are OK so long as there is 600mm clearance..

Hmmm.

| another source says that extractors should not be used
| under any circumstances with a gas cooker

That's 99.9% of all commercial kitchens f'cked then.

Especially since commercial catering appliances have a stack of regs which
_require_ seriously large amounts extraction.

| yet another source says that extractors are OK so
| long as they are re-circulatory.

Which aren't extractors, then, and are useless for removing steam and not
great at removing odours.

With all these matters it is what the manufacturers state both of the
cooker and the extractor.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk