Set Square

Michael Chare wrote:

If I measure the resistance between the live and earth terminals of my
Russell Hobs stainless steel electic kettle I get a reading of about
9M ohms. (using my electonic multimeter)

Is this normal or indicative of a fault which a higher voltage might
be able to jump causing the fuse to blow?

Michael Chare

If that same impedance applies at mains frequency, it will cause a current
of just under 30 micro-amps to flow to earth - which is a thousand times
less than the current required to trip an RCD.

I would have thought that this was pretty good - and certainly wouldn't
worry about it.
--
Cheers,
Set Square