Mark S.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:35:59 GMT, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:05:17 +0000 (UTC), "emv"
wrote:

Anyway hope this help anyone considering laying floor tiles on a concrete
base, especially it there is bitumen on the existing concrete surface.

Elliot

Interesting co-incidence. My neighbour has just pondered the same
problem after lifting his vinyl floor and finding bitumen underneath.
He spent an hour or so trying to scrape it off, and tried a few other
things. Then he read the instructions on the adhesive he'd bought to
go with the new tiles. It said "Can be used on bitumen".

MJ

I thought this along with my dad when I helped him do his kitchen
floor, I said it would be best to remove as much as possible (think
they were remains of really old tiles).

When you lay the wet cement on the stuff the water softened the "tar
stuff" meaning the tiles would have been set onto a treacle like
surface. :-)

Mark S.