MBQ

"Dave Jones" wrote in message ...
"Conrad Edwards" wrote in message
m...
I was watching 'Working Lunch' where it featured a guy turning his
modelling hobby into a business. The business was based in his attic
which was accessed solely by a pull-down ladder.
How illegal is this?

It's not

I don't know about illegality in the criminal sense but it almost
certainly contravenes building regs and maybe planning depending upon
the nature of the business.

How much use can you put an attic to that only has a pull-down ladder
as access?

It will be classed as occasional use/storage, which doesn't require any
planning regs.

It will be classed as what it is *actually* being used for, ie running
a business and therefore contravenes the rules. I suggest you talk to
your local BCO if you don't understand this. Some will be down on you
if you do even the slightest to make it habitable like install
flooring and lighting. Others may be more forgiving depending on the
actual use.

MBQ