Paul

wrote in message ...

If you've got enough clearance at the side it's fairly easy. I've
recently changed the boiler on my Royal. On these the boiler is
removeable from the side. Disconnect the pipes, remove the cover plate
and the old boiler should come out with a bit of manipulation.
Unfortunately mine didn't have enough side clearance to get the boiler
out, so I had to move the entire unit!

Thanks Bill. I won't have any problems with access. In fact I now know
that I have a MF (multi fuel) model. It looks like I need to unscrew
the four chrome caps on the top and then the screws beneath to remove
the top, then the side will slide out. After that, did the boiler then
just come out, or is it held with any other fittings, do you recall
please?

Aga/Rayburn will sell you a new cast iron boiler for about £300, I
bought a stainless steel replacement from a company in Wales for about
£150. Sorry, can't remember the name, but I found them with google.

Goddard Engineering in Wales?

Regards,

Paul.