Pete C

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:57:18 -0000, "Holly" wrote:

Scraper is your best bet (Cabinet scraper that is)

I can't seem to get anywhere with these at all. I think you need a fair
amount of skill and co-ordination to be able to use one properly and
alas I seem to have neither! I'm using one on some kitchen cupboard
doors atm, where I can remove the doors and alter the angle I am working
at, but in the corners on the staircase it is hopeless. The glue
residue is not on the surface, it is just where the PVA has soaked into
the wood, and the oak is just too hard to scrape away. Sharp chisel is a
bit better but overall I have found that sanding, which I have now
resorted to, seems easier and alot less risky for the staircase!

Hi,

Try steaming it and scraping or gently scrubbing it. It'll also raise
the grain which will need sanding back down. Try an inconspicious area
first!

cheers,
Pete.