Andy Hall

On 17 Nov 2004 00:10:26 -0800, (Paul) wrote:

Hello,

Fired up the solid fuel Rayburn yesterday, only to find it's raining
inside it :-(((.

I've been quoted some horrendous prices to change the boiler (and
finding someone local to do it hasn't been easy!), varying from £1000
to £1500. Considering a new Heatranger is £3100, unless I diy I wonder
about the economics of it. I think the boiler itself will cost me
about £600.

Is it *that* hard to change the boiler in one of these, does anyone
know, please? I don't know how old the Rayburn is, I would guess 20+,
but it's in reasonable condition otherwise. Probably a Roayale or
Nouvelle model.

Thanks for your time.

Paul.

Try contacting Twyford Cookers. They should have new or reclaimed
spares.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl