Sean

wrote in message ...
Sean wrote:
I've been looking at island hoods online and am disturbed at the
prices being thown up for island units. Can anybody tell me why there
can be such a difference between chimney hoods and island hoods
considering that even the ones which require external motors are just
as expensive (which is the type I am after as it happens).

They're much more 'fashionable' is probably the major reeason. If
you've got an island unit cooker then it's probable (at least in the
eyes of the people selling cooker hoods) that you've got an expensive
designer kitchen so they can charge silly money for the hood.

Ah the old desirabilty mark up! I thought as much myself. Could not
see where the extra material costs affected things that much. Think
I'm going to pursue the steel fabrication route first rather than pony
out a fortune on a lump of sheet steel and a couple of spots