Riz1

Default extra phone socket - how to fit?

we currently have 2 phone sockets at my folks house: 1 in the front
room downstairs and 1 in the front bedroom upstairs.
the little "master exchange box thingy is in the back bedroom
upstairs, the same room the computer is in.

to date for dialup i had succeeded in merely taking a very long
extension wire from a double-plug in the socket in the master bedroom
across the landing and into the back bedroom [with inevitable curses
when it went bellyup and i had to change it!].

now putting broadband in that house i dont really want to have to do
the same with an RJ11 cable too and wonder how easy it would be to put
a socket-box in that bedroom??

i figure no matter if i use a long RJ11 extension cable or even if i
add another microfilter to the end of the "normal " bt extension cable
into the room the long legth will cause signal degredation....