IMM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...
The optimum wording here is "Supply". To work on the gas supply usually
needs CORGI registration. But what about an unregistered plumber in his

own
house? Or someone who has a lot of plumbing experience in their own home?
If they are competant at making gas tight joints in pipework, then why

can't
they do their own gas?

They can.

The CORGI registration is for people who want to make profit from the
instalation of gas fueled equipment. If a joiner came to me and said that
he was going to fit my gas cooker back to the meter, then I'd want some

kind
of guarantee that he was competant in doing that particular type of work.
Wouldn't you?