IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:13:04 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Successive governments have allowed the NHS to grow like topsy into
the mess it is today.

There was nothing wrong with the NHS before your darling Thatcher got her
dirty mitts on it.

You may want to review its chequered history before 1979 before making
that point.

It was fine until the wicked witch and her disfunctional family came about.

I recall one idiot Tory MP on TV slagging them because they didn't know

the
cost of say an appendix operation. So they brought in tons of managers

cost it all up. The costings were to prepare for privatisation as

companies
only understand money figures. The NHS, quite rightly said we don't need

know the cost.

Of course they need to know the cost,

They don't. It has to be paid for, so bloody what. We don't need managers
to price every band aid.