IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:56:50 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:25:47 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

snip

Bureaucracy comes with size. I have come across large private

companies
that are more bureaucratic than government agencies.

Of course, which is why I was not proposing replacing state run
megaliths with privately run megaliths.

But you are, when an organisation is larger than the British army how are
not going to have privately run megaliths, and don't just say split it up

as
that would just increase the problems (both from an organisational PoV

but
also for the patients).

Successive governments have allowed the NHS to grow like topsy into
the mess it is today.

There was nothing wrong with the NHS before your darling Thatcher got her
dirty mitts on it.

I recall one idiot Tory MP on TV slagging them because they didn't know the
cost of say an appendix operation. So they brought in tons of managers to
cost it all up. The costings were to prepare for privatisation as companies
only understand money figures. The NHS, quite rightly said we don't need to
know the cost. We provide the treatment and drugs and charge. Very simple
very effective.

snip disjointed babble