Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Badger wrote:
And until someone comes up with a 'value add' that gets a big buy in to
finance it it will continue to be by slow copper with the accountants
wringing the last pennies of profit from it. The cost of fibre to the
home is x2 too expensive at the moment, and has been so for some time.
The buy in needs to be something BIG, but in this tin pot country I
can't see it happening....Any ideas a what might trigger it?

I can't understand why the cable boys didn't use fibre - I can't see it
would have been that much more. Rumour has it the feeds to each area are
anyway.

I've not got it, but my neighbour has. Just installed a Freeview box for
her and got a chance to play with it. Not nearly as good as off air.
Suppose their modulators are cheap and cheerful too.

--
*The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.