Andy Hall

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:50:21 -0000, "Malcolm Stewart"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

My 14 year old daughter came home the other day with a little wooden
'project' she had made at school in DT.
It looks like it was made from 6mm thick MDF and I asked her if anyone
was required to wear a face mask whilst cutting it and apparently no
one was?
Now I don't *think* this was a real safety issue but should they have
worn masks (officially?).

Does COSHH and the HSAW Act apply to pupils at schools? It certainly
didn't to start off with, and I recall that some years ago there was a
hurried Regulation published to extend COSHH (I think) to technical
colleges, but I can't remember schools being mentioned.

Take a look through this

www.kirklees-ednet.org.uk/subjects/
health/docs/policy/1artdesigntechnology.doc

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl