Essjay001

Default Dysons...

Andrew McKay wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:38:29 +0000, parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com
wrote:

I've noticed in several areas that the local councils have painted a
solid white line around junctions extending ~15m either side and
people seem to religiously obey this. Why? The Police could just
come out and slap fixed penalty notices on the vehicles within 15m.

Can't do that - it would hurt community relations. The Moms would be
marching up and down outside the police station with placards waving
shouting that the police were infringing their rights!

How I wish we could get back to the 60's and community policing like
it ought to be!

Agreed A swift cu-cu-cu-cuff round the ear ne-ne-ne-ver hurt m-m-m-me