Andy Hall

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:08:20 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

The completing companies make it cheaper by virtually abandoning any
service. Try phoning them.

Why would I want to do that?

They also survive by loans from their
customers. You have to be on direct debit and despite companies reading the
meters for them and supplying the reading, they ignore them and estimate the
bill way over, then adjust from one reading at the end of the year. They
use the customers for loans instead of banks. Appalling.

Only the gullible do that.

I have had suppliers try this on.

The simple solution is to take the actual readings and costs for the
previous year, divide by 12 and offer them that or less for the
monthly direct debit. I then take the shortfall and add it in to the
following year and repeat the process.

One squeaked about it until I told them that they could take it or
leave it. They took it.

Competition makes that possible. My negotiating position is far
better than when I had to deal with state monopolies.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl