BigWallop

"MG" wrote in message
On 29 Oct 2004 17:59:03 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:31:05 UTC, (MG) wrote:

Hi

What is with all these new fangled screw heads on modern electrical
appliances?? I know the Torx type, but I have a fan heater I want to
put a longer cable on and I can't ID the screw head to open it...

Well, describe it then...! Or post a picture on a website...

...ermmm the problem is that the screw is located down a long moulded
recess about 2" or so and the dia of the screw. So a useful picture is
out the question and also, I can't see the side profile to explain it
in detail... IT IS NOT A STANDARD 'star' TORX though, I can
emphatically say that.

I thought there would be similar screws being used universally...?

Thanks for the comments though.

MG

Delta Star head screws are becoming the norm' on the continent with
electrical equipment. Instead of a standard four pointed star head, these
have only three points. Have a web search for "security bits" and these
should contain something that will do these screws.