PhilÅ

"Lobster" wrote in message
"PhilÅ" wrote in message

Silicone-rubber based... you can get sanitary grade stuff which
incorporates a fungicide; don't know how effective that is at inhibiting
mould but presumably can't be worse than non-fungicidal stuff

Also guys and lasses, the new shower thingie??. It will go through a
plasterboard and tiles, but what supports it to the back of the plaster
board???. If it is just the pipes, it will just fall off me thinks??

Shower thingie... that a technical term :-) Would help if you
explained what type you're using: eg an electric one in a plastic
enclosure? one of those steel 'bar' models? All have different
solutions for fixing.

Thanks for the reply, it is a bar thingies mixer, will have two threaded
pipe ends sticking through the wall??

Thought that might be it - they're b*****s to fit solidly, especially with
cavity walls of some sort. Screwfix do now provide an accessory fitting
pack which is well worth looking at - item ref 56419 if you can get on
their site! Also do a google of "56419" on uk.d-i-y archives; you'll
find discussion of this pack previously.

I have bits like that with the kit, it is the bits that connect on the
otherside of the plasterboard, the side that does not get seen??. Any
ideas??