Set Square

Simon Hawthorne wrote:

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:03:49 -0000, "Set Square"
wrote:

Have you got any
spare tappings on the manifolds

Hi SS

Nope - the manifold is not like the one upstairs - the end of the feed
pipe from the boiler ends in what looks like a load of 'tentacles' -
which just spout straight from the end of the pipe.

I like the idea of the 22mm into 8mm though - but that would be in the
pipe before the manifold/tentacle split - suppose it should be OK. I
think, depending on flow, 8mm pipe can supply 4kw - and this is far
more than the two rads that would be on the pipe.

I can't find any 22mm/8mm tees - so might have to go 22mm to 15mm then
down to 8mm....

Thanks for your help

Simon

BES 7231 looks like it would do the job - albeit at a silly price!

If you *do* tap into the flow and return pipes, make sure that you do it on
the right site of any zone valves you might have in your system - otherwise
you might have a red hot radiator in the middle of summer!
--
Cheers,
Set Square