Simon Hawthorne

Default How to add another radiator to a microbore system?

Hi all

Just finished the job I started last week - fitting a TRV to one of my
radiators on my microbore system. Actually removed the rad yesterday,
flushed it out with a hosepipe- then cleaned the threads for the
valves with a toothbrush - used '5 turns' of tape on the valve threads
- and reconnected. Dry as a bone now!

Anyway, I would like to add another rad to the downstairs circuit. As
far as I can see, the circuit of fed on a 22mm pipe from the boiler to
a manifold - where lots of 8mm pipe branches off the the rads. The
retur pipes are the same. To add another rad, can I simply but an
equal T joint into one of the micorbore feeds, and the same on the
return? If I do it on the feed to the closest existing radiator, will
it work?

I understand that there would be a temperature drop in the existing
rad, but that is the one I have fitted a TRV to - because the room
gets very warm - so shouldn't be a problem. I only want to run about
4m of pipe from it - and put on a small new rad in a corner of the
kitchen that is about 18 feet from the nearest other rad - and gets
quite cool...

Thanks in advance

Simon